Monday, October 14, 2013

Freedom of Gratitude

Saturday, I was the lone scooter in the Sam’s Jam Riders for the Cure motorcycle ride raising dollars for cancer research at MD Anderson.  We traveled 40 miles under the threat of rain to a bar and grill called West of the Brazos.  I ate lunch and left quick hoping to beat the rain home, but half way to Houston I had to stop and put on my rain suit and rode home in the rain.  Two blocks from my house there is a roadside cross and as I rode by it I couldn’t help thinking about the joy I experience every day.  Joy not dependent on anything, it’s just there fostered by a gratitude for life, even when it rains.  Gratitude takes us to a place beyond the controlling mind where the impossible becomes the possible and we are content with all that is already here.  Focus on the freedom of gratitude today.      

No comments: