Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Life Bench

My dad waited patiently as I sat on the bench.  He missed my 1st football game because of business travel, but when he returned he beamed, when I told him all about the game and showed him my broken finger.  Riding my 1st medevac the soldier we were transporting gripped my wrist hard, and I swear I heard my father’s voice, “You did well”.  Yesterday, my cancer markers called for body/bone scans, but I left smiling as I thought about the string of birthday’s my son started in November.  My daughter’s birthday was yesterday, grandson today, mine is tomorrow and another grandson on Thursday; plenty of Baun’s sitting on the bench we call life, waiting to be called up to hear our father say, “You did well”.  Pass on the goodness of life today! 

No comments: