Thursday, February 18, 2016

Sacred Moments


This morning I woke in these mountains again, but it was snowing and a horse named wildfire was waiting across the frozen lake...

Blog 2-Years Ago Feb, 18th


Today, I woke in the mid-80’s standing on a branch at the top of a 120-foot pine tree in Grass Valley, CA. It’s a bit like riding a gentle ocean wave, as the top sways with the hot wind. There are 15 of us in a Project Adventure training week, gaining insight into experienced-based learning, and ourselves. I step off into space and immediately feel the rope catch in the carabineer at my waist. I had rappelled out of helicopters in the Army, but never with a Navajo belaying my journey. My team is all Navajo schoolteachers, and I learned more about life and myself through them than our trainer. They taught me everything is sacred from the tiny bluebird to the majestic pine trees, and living with the sacred opens us up to each moment. Today, be open to sacred moments.

No comments: