Monday, February 15, 2016

Being - Doing - Autopilot



How was your Valentines?  Many lock their lives in autopilot as a coping strategy to keep distracted from life stress and the associated pain, anxiety and fear.  The problem with an autopilot life is it can drive heartless reactions, which are hard on relationships.  My hope is you turned your autopilot off for a bit this weekend.  Maybe you spent Valentines in your do mode, doing Valentines just right, but keeping your emotions at a safe distance.  I started the weekend in the do mode with a list of projects we have been trying to get started and by early Sunday afternoon, I had crossed several off my list.  From that point on I switched to “just being”, a place where I am fully connected, grounded, and open to the emotions Valentines brings.  MaryBeth and I enjoyed time together, and Auggie (dog) and I had some wonderful restful walks.  Were you being, doing, or on autopilot this Valentines?

No comments: