Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Live the Mystery



My weight this morning was 179, 36 pounds less than the hormone driven 215 at one time in my cancer journey.  Returning from the labyrinth walk I led this afternoon, I could feel again an internal smile as I thought about being nicknamed the Fly.  Doug Moreau (LSU & Miami Dolphin tight end) gave me the name and called me out for my “no fear” effort my first season (7th grade) on the junior varsity football team.  After college, I entered the Army in great shape at 150 pounds.  After Ranger and jump school, I was down to 136 and had gained the nickname Swamp Rabbit, for my survivorship skills and ability to remain calm in a crisis.   This weekend as I waited for the fog to lift, I could feel my internal smile spread as the Fly and Swamp Rabbit reminded me who I am, and how ”I” live the mystery.  Today, recognize your authenticity as you live the mystery.   

No comments: