Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Mississippi River Levee Life Excursion

The first car I ever bought was an old Army jeep, and my 1st driving excursion was down Lee to Brightside and the River Road.  I drove the dirt rode with a tail of dust, just like rat patrol on TV.  At the juncture of Brightside and River Road the Mississippi River levee rose up like a giant sleeping snake covered with grass, wild flowers, and trees.   I quickly found a cattle path that took me to the top of the levee where I parked, and walked down to the river.  Half a mile wide, and moving faster than I could walk, I watched tug boats and trees struggle against an invisible force.  Some days I to, struggle against deep invisible forces that seem to interrupt life’s flow, when all I need to do is to let go.  Today just let go.   

No comments: