Friday, May 9, 2014

Raw Coping Power

I’ve been reading Joel Bennett’s new book, Raw Coping Power: From Stress to Thriving.  He uses a Joseph Campbell quote, “The very cave you are afraid to enter turns out to be the source of what you are looking for.”  It’s my first Army parachute jump, and I am the 1st jumper.  I walk to the door, look down, and immediately think, “I could die doing this”, green light/jump master yells GO, and I’m still standing at the door.  But after a kick from the jump master, and a perfect jump, I discover I have something inside of me - a spirit that for 66 years has energized my life.  Read the book and learn to “thrive”!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Bill! We all have it within us to tap into that vital power. You do us all well by ever pointing us in that direction!

Unknown said...

Thanks Bill! We all have it within us to tap into that vital power. You do us all well by ever pointing us in that direction!